Friday, March 19, 2010

Total Obedience/Not Particial

Raising three children taught me the importants of  "long term" obedience.  There were times when the children obeyed if I was watching or just for the short haul but they thought after doing something a few times they didn't have to do it any longer.  aka..cleaning their rooms.

Hosea was obedient to God's command, not just having one child but by being the father to additional children.

Hos 1:6-7  Then she conceived again and gave birth to a daughter. And the Lord said to him, "Name her Lo-ruhamah, for I will no longer have compassion on the house of Israel, that I would ever forgive them. 7 "But I will have compassion on the house of Judah and deliver them by the Lord their God, and will not deliver them by bow, sword, battle, horses or horsemen."  NAS

The name of the second child was to show that God's compassion has reached a limit.  He would not show compassion on Israel.  Judah was restored but now my their own strength but by the Lord.

Depend on God, not on your own strength.....be completely obedient.

No comments: