Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Why are there Churches?

If Salvation is based on my relationship with Christ....What’s the purpose of the church? This is a questions many ask and some live. They claim they know Christ as Savior but they never attend church with any regularity.

If you ask the person on the street they will say.

  • To worship God
  • To help people
  • To help the needy

The typical church member will say

  • To help me grow spiritually
  • To meet my needs
  • To help me spiritually educate my children

But God describes the church as:

  • "Christ’s bride"
  • All His hopes for eternity are wrapped up in it.

The church is more than just a social club or place to go on Sunday's. It is a place Worship with others and to serve the Christ.

God has commands that the church (a body of believers--not a building) must do.

Why are you going to church? Are you even going to church? Begin to make this the year you start being obedient in all things in Christ.

No comments: