Saturday, February 6, 2010

Don't delay

To many times in our life we wait for just the right moment to do something. We know it needs to be done, we just choose to wait till some other time...just not now.

There can be many blessing that we miss or are delayed simply because we wait & wait. I remember delaying taking my Pastoral exams. I delayed them because of wellll.... fears... that I should not have worried about anyway.

After finally, taking and passing them a good friend chided me... "see now, what were you waiting for".

We Rebekiah heard how God brought all the events together she chose to go immediately with the servant and meet her new husband.

If God is calling you to obedience, Don't Delay, Obey Today!

Gen 24:54-59
54 Then he and the men who were with him ate and drank and spent the night. When they arose in the morning, he said, "Send me away to my master." 55 But her brother and her mother said, "Let the girl stay with us a few days, say ten; afterward she may go." 56 He said to them, "Do not delay me, since the Lord has prospered my way. Send me away that I may go to my master." 57 And they said, "We will call the girl and consult her wishes." 58 Then they called Rebekah and said to her, "Will you go with this man?" And she said, "I will go." 59 Thus they sent away their sister Rebekah and her nurse with Abraham's servant and his men.
NASU

No comments: