Friday, February 5, 2010

Obedience to Whom?

As we go through life we need to know to whom we will be obedient. Once we understand that issue everything else will fall into place. Or maybe I should ask the question another way, "Who is your "boss"? Who do you follow?

Abraham's servant was given the task of finding a wife for Isaac. In that task he had specific instructions, "Don't take Isaac back to Canaan." But Abraham wasn't expecting the servant to follow his instructions. He was expecting him to follow God's instruction.

If you are a teacher, parent or leader in any capacity you should be helping people to obey God. Teach them the truth of God.

If you do not know what God's truth is then I encourage you to open the Bible and start reading. It might be easiest to start in the New Testament. Or you can post a comment and I would be delight to help you find God direction for your life.

Gen 24:5-9
5 The servant said to him, "Suppose the woman is not willing to follow me to this land; should I take your son back to the land from where you came?" 6 Then Abraham said to him, "Beware that you do not take my son back there! 7 "The Lord, the God of heaven, who took me from my father's house and from the land of my birth, and who spoke to me and who swore to me, saying, 'To your descendants I will give this land,' He will send His angel before you, and you will take a wife for my son from there. 8 "But if the woman is not willing to follow you, then you will be free from this my oath; only do not take my son back there." 9 So the servant placed his hand under the thigh of Abraham his master, and swore to him concerning this matter.
NASU

No comments: