Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Don't Look Back

If a lion was chasing you as you run away you would not think about running toward the lion and risk being devoured. So why when evil is coming to destroy our lives do we want to wait and see what will happen? We think that he really want be that bad. If someone tries and warns us we think they are simply exaggerating.

There is a line in the movie "Forrest Gump" where his friend calls out to him saying, "Run Forrest, run"....and away he runs never looking back, never wanting to be caught by the danger.

Run my friend, Run!!! Don't look back at the evil that is chasing you.

Gen 19:16-23 17 When they had brought them outside, one said, " Escape for your life! Do not look behind you, and do not stay anywhere in the valley; escape to the mountains, or you will be swept away." 18 But Lot said to them, "Oh no, my lords! 19 "Now behold, your servant has found favor in your sight, and you have magnified your loving kindness, which you have shown me by saving my life; but I cannot escape to the mountains, for the disaster will overtake me and I will die; 20 now behold, this town is near enough to flee to, and it is small. Please, let me escape there (is it not small?) that my life may be saved." 21 He said to him, "Behold, I grant you this request also, not to overthrow the town of which you have spoken. 22 "Hurry, escape there, for I cannot do anything until you arrive there." Therefore the name of the town was called Zoar. NASU

No comments: