Monday, September 28, 2009

Not Fair?

Raising three kids we would often here "that is not fair". Our reply to that statement is "life is not always fair". Just because we see something as not "being fair" to ourselves we still are required to do the right thing anyway.

God told Abimelech that he would be put to death because he had taken Abraham wife. He reply was how could I know, since he said, she is my sister I am really blameless. He asked God would you punish someone who is blameless.

God tells Abimelech that he is aware of all that has happen and that He has kept Abimelech from sinning so he better go and restore Sarah back to Abraham and do the right thing, following God's command and not to worry about if he was blameless.

Do you feel you are in a situation where you are being treated unfairly? God's instruction to you (and me) is to do the right thing anyway, no matter what has happened to you.

Gen 20:4-7 4 Now Abimelech had not come near her; and he said, "Lord, will You slay a nation, even though blameless? 5 "Did he not himself say to me, 'She is my sister'? And she herself said, 'He is my brother.' In the integrity of my heart and the innocence of my hands I have done this." 6 Then God said to him in the dream, "Yes, I know that in the integrity of your heart you have done this, and I also kept you from sinning against Me; therefore I did not let you touch her. 7 "Now therefore, restore the man's wife, for he is a prophet, and he will pray for you and you will live. But if you do not restore her, know that you shall surely die, you and all who are yours." NASU

No comments: