Tuesday, September 29, 2009

What have you done?

Sometimes things happen in life and you want to ask this questions, "what where you thinking?" This is the questions that Abimelech asks Abraham.

Abimelech first instructions his servants in all that God had spoken to him. Then he begins a conversation with Abraham and challenges him with concerns as to the situation that has resulted because of Abraham's actions.

Are you willing to ask those around you "what have you done to us?" Do you see how the actions of others impact your life?

Now ask yourself this question. How are my actions impacting those around me? If they were bold enough would they come to me and ask, "what were you thinking?"

Gen 20:8-10
8 So Abimelech arose early in the morning and called all his servants and told all these things in their hearing; and the men were greatly frightened. 9 Then Abimelech called Abraham and said to him, "What have you done to us? And how have I sinned against you, that you have brought on me and on my kingdom a great sin? You have done to me things that ought not to be done." 10 And Abimelech said to Abraham, "What have you encountered, that you have done this thing?"NASU

No comments: