Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Testimony!

Do you have a changed life? Are you in the habit of telling others about that changed life and why it is changed? Here we see Paul telling a little of what he was like and what brought the change to his life.

Gal 1:13-24
13 For you have heard of my former manner of life in Judaism, how I used to persecute the church of God beyond measure and tried to destroy it; 14 and I was advancing in Judaism beyond many of my contemporaries among my countrymen, being more extremely zealous for my ancestral traditions. 15 But when God, who had set me apart even from my mother's womb and called me through His grace, was pleased 16 to reveal His Son in me so that I might preach Him among the Gentiles, I did not immediately consult with flesh and blood, 17 nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles before me; but I went away to Arabia, and returned once more to Damascus. 18 Then three years later I went up to Jerusalem to become acquainted with Cephas, and stayed with him fifteen days. 19 But I did not see any other of the apostles except James, the Lord's brother. 20 (Now in what I am writing to you, I assure you before God that I am not lying.) 21 Then I went into the regions of Syria and Cilicia. 22 I was still unknown by sight to the churches of Judea which were in Christ; 23 but only, they kept hearing, "He who once persecuted us is now preaching the faith which he once tried to destroy." 24 And they were glorifying God because of me. NASU


When God calls, God equips. Being a Jew Paul and the wealth of knowledge of the Old Testament. He spent time going back over those Scriptures reading them again in the light of the truth that Jesus is the Messiah.


Explore for yourself.

1. What proof does Paul provide concerning the gospels power?
2. At what point in Paul’s life did God begin to work?
3. What was the purpose of God’s calling?
4. Why did Paul avoid contact with men?
5. How long till Paul returned to Jerusalem? Why?
6. What was being said concerning Paul in Jerusalem?
7. Who was being praised?

Do you have a testimony? Have to told anyone recently? Why not tell someone today? If you are looking at hwhat it takes for you to have a testimony Click Here and learn God’s truth for you.

No comments: