Monday, February 23, 2009

Who Has Provided

Hi ho, hi ho it is off to work I go... OK so it is a line most of us know... but let me ask this question "Who is providing for your needs?" I would say that most of us would take credit for provide, after all we are the ones going to work. Others might be willing to say that our employer provides to a degree since they have provided a job where you work. Now the second question, are you willing to give God credit for providing everything! Your work, your health, your ability to do your job well, God has provided everything.

That is the attitude that Boaz is expressing to Ruth. He is pointing out that any reward "wages" she might be receiving through him was really coming from the Lord, NOT HIM.

Ruth 2:11-13 12 " May the Lord reward your work, and your wages be full from the Lord, the God of Israel, under whose wings you have come to seek refuge." 13 Then she said, "I have found favor in your sight, my lord, for you have comforted me and indeed have spoken kindly to your maidservant, though I am not like one of your maidservants." NASU

So when you consider what you have, will you praise the Lord or will you think that you are the best at what you do and that is why you are successful.

No comments: