Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Someone Else's Fault!

When I was young I always thought that my brother and sister where there so I could blame them when I did something wrong. I didn't want to take responsibility when I did anything wrong. I think it would be true to say that most of us really don't want to do thing wrong so we find it easy to blame someone or something else.

Society, parents, brothers, sisters even employees all get the blame for what we do or don't do. Even today a gentleman was willing to "blame" employers for the reason the church was declining, after all, they "require" people to work on Sunday's.

Sadly we can see this is not a new practice. Sarai quickly blamed Abram for the results for Hagar conception.

Gen 16:3-5 3 After Abram had lived ten years in the land of Canaan, Abram's wife Sarai took Hagar the Egyptian, her maid, and gave her to her husband Abram as his wife. 4 He went in to Hagar, and she conceived; and when she saw that she had conceived, her mistress was despised in her sight. 5 And Sarai said to Abram, " May the wrong done me be upon you. I gave my maid into your arms, but when she saw that she had conceived, I was despised in her sight. May the Lord judge between you and me."NASU

She was unwilling to admit that she gave Hagar to Abram and that she didn't trust God to fulfill His promise to Abram and Sarai.

So are you willing to admit to something you've done or will you blame someone else.

No comments: