Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Day 13 From Life Action Ministries

Day 13 of Your Journey
Need: The Path to Revival

“. . . that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God” (Rom. 12:2 NKJV).

Speaking on the subject of prayer, George Müller once said, “I seek at the beginning to get my heart into such a state that it has no will of its own in regard to a given matter. Nine-tenths of the difficulties are overcome when our hearts are ready to do the Lord’s will.”

For most of us, that is the greatest part of our battle in prayer. It means releasing our desires and accepting that God’s plan will always be best.

Romans 12:2 tells us three very important things about God’s will. First, it is good. God’s will is innately good and therefore will always accomplish good, both in our lives and in those around us.

Second, God’s will is acceptable or well pleasing. Though God’s will may not, at any given moment, seem to be our preference, it will always bring us the greatest joy in the long run. We will always find it well pleasing in retrospect.

Finally, His will is perfect. Think how incredible it is to have a path in life that is perfect! His plan lacks nothing for our well-being, and at the same time it will bring Him the greatest glory.

That’s why someone has defined God’s will as “what I would choose if I knew all the facts.”


Making It Personal

Lord, too often I fear Your will. Please bring me to a place where I can sincerely pray, “If You are pleased, I am pleased.” Make my will Your own by the power of Your name. Amen.

No comments: