Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Day 27 of Your Journey

No Panic in the Throne Room

In the year that King Uzziah died I saw the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up; and the train of His robe filled the temple (Isaiah 6:1 ESV).


Isaiah 6 is one of the Bible’s most magnificent reminders of God’s glory. Here Isaiah gets a vision of God’s holiness. Like every glimpse of God, it would prove to be life-altering for Isaiah.


Notice in verse 1 a simple aspect of Isaiah’s revelation: “I saw the Lord sitting. . . .” God’s posture is significant to what He wanted to communicate. He was sitting, not pacing or looking about anxiously. He was in total control of His creation.


Sometimes our own tendency to worry can taint our view of God. Life can seem so out of control that we lose a sense of God’s reigning over it.


Remember, He is in absolute command of every aspect of this universe. He sits in authority over all that comes our way (Isa. 40:22-23). As someone has said, “There is no panic in the throne room.”


Remember this when you wonder as Jeremiah did, “Why does the way of the wicked prosper?” Think of it when you feel like crying out with the disciples, “Do you not care that we are perishing?” Rejoice in the truth when you want to ask God with David, “How long will my enemy triumph over me?” Rest in it when you feel like Moses and want to say, “Who am I that I should go . . .?”


God knows the end from the beginning. He worries about nothing and is caught off guard by nothing. All things are working together for good in your life.


Making It Personal

Lord, I am so prone to worry. I often doubt You will help, and sometimes I question that You even see what is happening. Thank You that You sit on Your throne in authority over all that I face. Help me to rest in that certainty.

No comments: