Saturday, September 20, 2008

Who gave you a Moral Compass?

What is the first thing that comes to your mind if I ask you to tell me one thing that you would find offensive? Are you offended when you hear that a child was abused? How about if someone was killed because of a drunk driver?

So where did you get your morality? Why are you offended?

I want to suggest to you that you got your morality because there is a moral law giver. (I believe that that giver is God.

When we are talking some social issues, (drinking, smoking, abortions, etc.) we hear people say "Well that is your opinion".Yet those same people have things that they think people are wrong for other to do. Why is that?

Rom 2:15 in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them, NASU

What we are seeing from this verse there are things written on you heart (morals).
So who wrote this on you heart? (Yes, I believe that God wrote them)

So next time you say, "that is soooooo wrong" think! Why do I think that is wrong. Society isn’t the one who set your moral compass.

God did!

No comments: