Thursday, September 11, 2008

Why?

With today being 9/11 I want to ask two questions. First, where we you when you learned of the events for 9/11? Second, I will ask the questions that many ask, Why, did God allow this to happen?

I can tell you where I was when I heard "I actually saw them" the events unfold. I was sitting in a hotel room in Singapore watch the CNN news after return from a full day of meetings with fellow Trans World Radio missionaries.

The second question, truthfully, NO ONE can answer. I can tell you this, the events of that day are not because God is mad or getting back at America. First we must understand that when God created the earth He made provision for evil. Unfortunately, that evil came into existence and what we saw that day (and days before and after) is a result of that evil.

I find it interesting that many people who question "why God allowed those events?" of doubt that God is real. It seems to me that God is only real when A) we want to blame Him or B) we need to pray for some relief from a tragic event.

In the days and week ahead I plan to begin discussion the question "Is God Real" and other related topics. Hopefully, you will check back and even offer up your questions/comment during the course of this discussion.

Something to chew on!

Isa 40:13-14
13 Who has directed the Spirit of the Lord,
Or as His counselor has informed Him?
14 With whom did He consult and who gave Him understanding?
And who taught Him in the path of justice and taught Him knowledge
And informed Him of the way of understanding? NASU


Rom 11:33-36 34 For WHO HAS KNOWN THE MIND OF THE LORD, OR WHO BECAME HIS COUNSELOR? 35 Or WHO HAS FIRST GIVEN TO HIM THAT IT MIGHT BE PAID BACK TO HIM AGAIN? 36 For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever. Amen. NASU

1 Cor 2:16 For WHO HAS KNOWN THE MIND OF THE LORD, THAT HE WILL INSTRUCT HIM? NASU

No comments: