Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I'm It!

Saying that we care someone should best come along with examples of that care. Lord just finished reminding Israel how they have walked away but He also tells them that despite their disobedience or run towards idols. He points to all the ways that He has provide, protected and rescued them from themselves.

So let me ask you this, can you "hear" the Lord saying these same things to you? Well He does? John 3:16 tells us of his love for us, how He sent His son!

Are you willing to accept God's help?

Hos 13:4-8
4 Yet I have been the Lord your God
Since the land of Egypt;
And you were not to know any god except Me,
For there is no savior besides Me.
5 I cared for you in the wilderness,
In the land of drought.
6 As they had their pasture, they became satisfied,
And being satisfied, their heart became proud;
Therefore they forgot Me.
7 So I will be like a lion to them;
Like a leopard I will lie in wait by the wayside.
8 I will encounter them like a bear robbed of her cubs,
And I will tear open their chests;
There I will also devour them like a lioness,
As a wild beast would tear them. NASU

Explore for yourself.

How does the LORD describe Himself?
What will He be doing? What happened in the heart of Israel?
How is God going to respond to their unresponsive heart?

No comments: