Monday, September 15, 2008

Is God Real?

There are people who are questioning if "God is Real". Today we want to begin a journey of dealing with this question. It is not my desire or intention to "convict" you that God is real but to challenge you to examine clues that (I believe God) are evident in our world.

I would also like to point you to several books/authors that have provided information and which you can use in your own journey of searching. Please understand, I am asking you to actually do "homework" and not simply accept what is said. Not what I say, or other people who may think that there is no God.

I trust that you will be curious to search for truth.

Is God Real?

Here are two verses that we should read.
Ps 19:1 The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands. NASU
Ps 139:14-16 14 I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well. 15 My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth; 16 Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; And in Your book were all written The days that were ordained for me, When as yet there was not one of them. NASU

Choosing Faith Points Mark Mittelberg

  • Point 1-Design in the universe points to an Intelligent Designer (p164)
  • Point 2-Fine tuning in the universe points to intentional Fine Tuner-p168
  • Point 3-Information encoded into DNA points to Divine Encoder-p171

Mark Mittelberg, Choosing Your Faith In a World of Spiritual Options, (Carol Streams, Illinois, Tyndale House Publications) ©2008

A couple of quick question as you read these verses.

  1. Who but the clouds in the sky?
  2. Who made the dirt/sand you walk on?
  3. Who made the air that you breath?


Notice the three points to consider by Mark. I understand that scientists discovered DNA but we must consider how it became a part of who we are and how it got there.